



...in Longview, Texas. Braden happened to have a business meeting right in the little town where my dear ol grandma lives. Anabelle and I checked our schedules and amazingly found ourselves very available that particular weekend, so we went along to hang out with Grandma. I mentioned to Grandma that I had never had sweet potato pie and before I had finished my sentence she was shuffling out to the garage. She came back in with a bag of sweet potatoes and immediately started boiling them. We spent the afternoon baking the pies and I also happened to tell Grandma that I don't know how to make sausage gravy and biscuits. Same thing happened- she went to the freezer and got sausage to defrost. We had sausage gravy & biscuits and sweet potato pie for dinner that night. It was a great chance to hone my southern cooking skills. Sweet potato pie and Blue Bell ice cream is something that should be enjoyed regularly. I reckon we'll get started on that.
We also went to a fantastic park with very unique toys to be explored. We however, did not get past the swings on two visits there. It was actually quite nice because the swing was big enough to fit Braden and I so we took turns holding Anabelle and pushing each other. Her love of the swings is something unreal.
My uncle Greg (who is a personal hero of sorts to Braden because of his meat smoking skills) hooked Braden up with his own Briskette to take home. It was quite entertaining to be driving down the road and look over to see Braden with a huge pan of cow on his lap and a full quart jar of BBQ sauce for dipping.
Grandma said Anabelle is the happiest baby she has ever seen-and the most active. I think Anabelle may have worn her out a little bit. It was great to spend a few days with her and other family we rarely see.
We also went to a fantastic park with very unique toys to be explored. We however, did not get past the swings on two visits there. It was actually quite nice because the swing was big enough to fit Braden and I so we took turns holding Anabelle and pushing each other. Her love of the swings is something unreal.
My uncle Greg (who is a personal hero of sorts to Braden because of his meat smoking skills) hooked Braden up with his own Briskette to take home. It was quite entertaining to be driving down the road and look over to see Braden with a huge pan of cow on his lap and a full quart jar of BBQ sauce for dipping.
Grandma said Anabelle is the happiest baby she has ever seen-and the most active. I think Anabelle may have worn her out a little bit. It was great to spend a few days with her and other family we rarely see.
2 comments:
That briskette was awesome. I need to learn how to do that.
Howdy guys. your girl is a doll. glad to hear everything is good in your Dixie. you know they like to call where we live Dixie too. so we gots ourselves a blog at redandbluehickmans.blogspot.com
Post a Comment