Friday, March 5, 2010

Let's be clear

I was holding Lila the other day when she noticed a picture of Jesus and got excited and started pointing and smiling.

"Did you spot Jesus Lila?"

Anabelle comes running from the next room excitedly, saying, "where? where?"

My heart warms over as I bask in this moment where my children are recognizing and ecstatic about Jesus.

I point to the picture and say to Anabelle, "See? Right there".

Her shoulders slump and her countenance falls and she walks away totally dejected saying, "Oh. I thought Lila Spotted Cheez-its, not Jesus".

Warm moment in my heart cut short.

Laughing ensues.

1 comment:

MaShay & Jason said...

I love you Gooolia! I had a dream that you and I were roommates and Cody came to sing your Birthday Glue song to us both. He added a part about Mushroom (me). It was a happy dream...