Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A moment

You know I'm continually struck with how fast life goes by. How quickly my babies are growing. How we enter one phase of life and just as it seems we find our groove and figure that part out, that phase ends and we are given another. I have a tendency to get caught up in the doing; accomplishing, making, going, coming, list-making & checking, that I sometimes forget to just be. Be in the moment. Not doing one thing while thinking about another.

Today Lila and Maisey took naps at the same time. Anabelle and I went out on the front porch to do her school. It was pleasantly warm, the neighborhood was quiet. I lay comfortably on our new patio couch and read scriptures while Anabelle practiced writing her letters. I closed my eyes and took it all in. It was a perfect moment.
I had to get my camera. I needed to snap just a few to remember the unbeatable weather, the calm of the outdoors, the working mind of an eager student, and the peace of the scriptures.

I wish I could make a book of nothing but these sorts of moments from my life. Short descriptions and simple pictures. Something to remind me of the hundreds of afternoons passed with my girls in a similiarly beautiful way. But that would mean that I would have to notice them. Slow down and engage. It would be my favorite book of all time and it would make me happy when I get old.

I have a new goal.





1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

You have no idea how much I miss that face :) Glad you guys are doing well.