We got married! And we thought we loved each other. And I guess we did, in a silly sort of way. I knew he was severely good looking and that he looked like Kurt Russell in Backdraft. And that it was really hot when he played "Let it Be' on the piano. But that was before we accomplished anything together, like graduating from college or paying off debt, or getting the job offer we really wanted. Or lost anything together, like a job and stability. Or went on any amazing trips, like Brazil and NY. And defiantely before we made babies together and then loved those babies more than our own lives. It was long before we spent half of our lives apart, on different sides of the world, missing each other like crazy. Long before we spent any time on our knees pleading for the health of a child. We could never have imagined the joy we would feel together watching our children grow.
I just keep getting happier. And the best part of all of this, is that we're just getting started.
It seemed like we had a lot to celebrate. So I racked my brain for the things that make Braden happy. And I came up with... meat! So I delivered a bouquet of Bacon roses to his squadron. And he delivered a bouquet of Lillies to me. Yay for us knowing each others favorite flower! And then I secretly made a reservation for Ruth's Chris steakhouse because he always says he wants to eat there. But then we remember that we're actually not rich so we go to In n Out instead. But what else says I love you like a delicious hunk of cow? (even if we have to eat macaroni for a month to make up for it)?
It was really a fantastic day.





No comments:
Post a Comment