Wednesday, January 2, 2019

When the most wonderful boy turns FOUR

Last night as we were driving home from our St. George trip, I told Emmett that tomorrow is his birthday and asked him what he wanted to do. After thinking about it for a minute, he grinned and shouted, "Put more ornaments on the Christmas tree!". I informed him that I actually planned on taking down the Christmas tree. He asked so sweetly, "Please Mama, Can we leave it up for one more day?".

When asked what he wanted to eat he said Mac n cheese. When asked where he wanted to go he said, "I don't care. You can decide whatever we do". When asked what kind of cake he wanted he said, "Strawberry. Actually Mama, I don't care. Whatever kind of cake is fine with me".

He came down the stairs this morning to find some green ribbon that I had curled and taped to the ceiling, and his birthday banner hung. He ran to me and squeezed me tight, thanking me and declaring me to be THE BEST.

He is so grateful and low maintenance that it tempts me to spoil him. 

When we went around at dinner and had everyone say what they love about the birthday boy:

elise: he is funny

anabelle: he is sweet

lila: 

Maisey: he is brave, for example jumped off the high point at the ball pit.

Dad: so tender hearted

Mom: is such a happy helper with a great attitude and is happy with whatever he gets.

Songs: thunder, eye died the tiger, havana oohh na na

Braden and I took the three youngest to a Lego store (after checking his best friend Elise out of school), where we built legos cars and then raced them down a track.Then we took them to Krispy Kreme to pick out a donut. When the kids got home we took them to Provo Beach and played a wicked game of tag in the tunnels and playland. He had Mac for dinner, along with his favorite beverage-muscle juice. 

I never felt a void in my life when I just had the four girls. I never spent one moment wishing for a son. But Emmett has brought me so much joy in the last four years. I just absolutely adore this sweet sweet boy and his tender loving heart. May it always be so. 


No comments: