Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lights at the B-ham Zoo



Before Christmas we took A-belle to the zoo to see the festivities. It turns out the animals understand the Christmas season about as well as Anabelle did. We set her on Santa's lap just because he was there and she was only concerned that I not walk very far away with her bag of animal crackers. She looked him over, took his candy cane, and went on to see her furry friends in the petting zoo. The great part came as we were going home and Braden wanted to stop at Krispy Kreme. I wanted to stay in the car so Braden and Anabelle walked in together. I'm sitting in the car watching and I can only see Braden. He's not looking around for Anabelle although she's not in sight and hasn't been for a while. He studied the menu. I can see his brain rolling: "Chocolate with chocolate filling or do I get the creme inside? Lemon & raspberry, is that new?" I continue to wonder as at least ten minutes go by and Braden is acting like he is a lone man in a place of all that is good and fattening. He did forget about her once and leave her in the car for a while when she was a few weeks old, but I think by now he's used to remembering that she's ours. Finally they come out of the store together and Anabelle's face is glimmering in a layer of glaze and she is happy as a bird. Braden fills me in on the details that sum up our child- they walk into the store where she spots an off duty Santa Clause with his wife. Anabelle who has just scored loot from a similiar looking man, walks right up to him, asks to be pulled to his lap, and begins eating his donuts. And there she sat, enjoying his merry goods for the next ten minutes. And they say there's no such thing as a free lunch. Or Santa Clause for that matter. Well, do I have a story for them...




Happily, she does not care for mice. I have already told her the old "salmonella when I was 8 months pregnant with you" story.


Doin a lil' jig. Always doin a jig.



kisses for the goat


"Ello goat"












No comments: