We went to Wal-Mart yesterday because there was not much in our fridge besides condiments, cilantro and heavy whipping cream. I find myself waiting until things get that bleak because I consider grocery shopping with kids as much fun as salmonella-survivable, but crappy. I arm myself with 5 different snacks, drinks, toys, and I do not talk on the phone because I have found that when I walk through those doors, I am in the war zone, and I must have all my wits about me.
However, yesterday we happened to have a highly successful trip. By that I mean no screaming, no demanding, no angling my 3 mile long cart into the bathroom so that Anabelle can sit there for 4 seconds and say, "Never mind".
There she is sitting in the big part of the basket and she says to me:
AB: Mom, we need ogurt
She is right. I go to the yogurt aisle.
Me: Peach or strawberry?
AB: Stawberry. Can I have some please?
Me: No, I need to pay for it first
AB: Okay. Let's get some cottage cheese.
I get some.
AB: We needa get some abblesauce too.
I get the appleasuce
AB: Yeeeeeesssssssss! We got some abblesauce!
The rest of the trip was spent quietly eating pretzels and chatting about Christmas decorations. And we visited the lobster tank quite a few times. When it was time to check out, she stands up and begins putting items on the conveyor belt.
Me: Oh, are you gonna help?
AB: Yeah, I need to do it all myself. I need to exercise my muscles.
So this morning she asked me if she could have some abblesauce. Then she says, "No, I need to have some ogurt first". She eats the yogurt. "Now I can have my abblesauce". She eats the applesauce. Can I have my cottage cheese please"?
The girl knows what she wants and she will make it happen. I can respect that.
I consider myself highly blessed and downright lucky to get to hang out with that girl all day. I just put her down for a "nap" (I hear whistles blowing and ducks quacking) and as I did she hugged me, kissed me, and said, "Mom, I love you. We are cute together".
Last week she had an accident in the bathtub and as I was draining and cleaning the tub I heard Braden in the next room gently chastising her. She came in to where I was scrubbing and put her arms around my neck and said, "Mom, you're doing a great job! I'm so proud of you! Dad's grumpy".
Coloring her sister
4 comments:
I feel really good about Josh now. I'm so frustrated with the five things he will eat. I guess he's not QUITE as picky as Anabelle. But yeah, what's up with the cottage cheese. If I let him, that's all Josh would eat and Greg can barely feed it to him w/o gagging. I agree. NASTY stuff! We will miss you guys!!!! But I'm glad it all seems to be working out for you!
Wow! Its not very ofter you get thanked for doing your job...you must be doing something right! She is adorable!!! They both are!
Congrats on the Air Force! We are happy that things are workin' out. I LOVE reading your blog... without fail, it puts a smile on my face!
This sounds like maybe the cutest thing ever.
Kids are so funny, and I love watching them grow their own personalities and likes and dislikes.
How do I make you my blogging associate? I'm new, and I don't get it.
Are we still gonna have a visit soon? Let me know.
Post a Comment