Me: Anabelle, in five minutes it's bedtime ok? Five minutes.
Anabelle: (hugging me) I love you Mom.
Me: I love you too Anabelle.
30 seconds pass
Anabelle: You guys are so cute (to Braden and I as we look at each other and roll our eyes at our little schmoozer).
a minute or two later...
Me: What are we gonna do in 2 minutes Anabelle?
Anabelle: You're gonna play with me? 2 minutes until you play with me Mom (as she hugs me).
Me: No, 2 minutes until you go night night
Anabelle:NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
a few seconds later
Anabelle: You're a skinny mom (as I eat my 30th nacho)
The skinny line may have worked if she hadn't already called me "big fat mom" earlier. Which by itself would have been overlooked but a few minutes after she did that she began pushing on my stomach and saying, "Squish, squish". Yesterday she was calling me "churchy Mom". Not sure how to take that one. We put her to bed shaking our heads at each other, at a loss for words about that kid. What a character.
1 comment:
Man your child makes the cutest comments...okay some may be a little mean sometimes, but it's hilarious to read about!!
Post a Comment