Anabelle will now say her prayers at night all by herself. It has been very sweet to hear her little voice pray and very interesting to hear what she prays for. And sometimes downright funny.
-"Please help me to be......hmmmmmmm........NICE?.....or somethin like that"
-"I'm thankful that I could stand up like this (she stands up), and sit down like this (she sits down), and fold my arms like this (she folds her arms), and lay down like this" (she lays down)... I tell her after a few more bodily demonstrations to say something different so she ends with, "and thankful that I can make Mom's hair a little bit later".
-I must have been very tired and I prompted her when she was stuck to bless President Hinckley. She stopped, opened her eyes and said, "No. I'm not saying that".
-"Thank you for the rain. Thank you for the blessings. Thank you that daddy could work hard for us. Berry, berry hard!!
-"Thank you for this day. HELP ME TO GET BIG AND STRONG"!!!! (said in a deep growly voice)
-"Thankful that we can say prayers"
-AB:"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day" (then she whispers to Braden, "Dad! Lila's not drinking her drink! Dad, Lila's not drinking her drink!"
Braden: "Anabelle , say your prayer".
AB: "OK. Dear Heavenly Fath-" (giggles) ...."Oh, I said the wrong thing!" (more giggles)...I was s'pose to say about Jesus"
-"Help Lila that she's not a sickie"
-"Thankful for my toys"
-and the three things that always seem to make it into each prayer are "please bless President Monston, thankful for Jesus, help Grandad to feel better".
7 comments:
She is such a cutie! Oh, how I wish we could see each other more often so that we could get to know your kids better. I am glad to be able to read the blog and get to look into your home and see some of the things your kids are doing. She is such a bright, funny little thing.
hey remember me on your private blog.
mmelison@yahoo.com Love the prayers, Michelle Elison
Wow, those are great. I am so grateful for children and their quite--or loud :) --faith!
This is my email address for when you go private: shandud@gmail.com
I love little prayers. So sweet
Kid prayers are my favorite. Treyton always says "I am grateful for the Holy Ghost of the prophets of Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints of the BOok of Mormon". He just tries to get it all in there at once. It is pretty funny!
So glad I get to read your blog! Wish I knew your little AB. She looks and sounds like such a doll :)
Post a Comment