Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Trying to decide...

on my favorite moment of last week. Was it:

A) Pulling toilet paper out of Lila's mouth that she fished out of Anabelle's unflushed toilet

B) Talking with the missionaries at the door when Anabelle joins us wearing a piece of lacy silky lingerie with a slit up the leg. I don't know who it belongs to but they should come get it out of my house. And to extend the awkward moment, the missionary asked her what she was wearing. At which point I kindly offered them a drink. Or a meal. Or the name and address of every friend I have.

C) Braden and I are laying down. Anabelle comes in and asks if she can snuggle us. I tell her "sure" but to go find Lila and ask her if she wants to come snuggle too. She leaves. We hear a high pitched exchange. She comes back and snuggles in. I ask, "What happened?" She responds, "I squished her little baby cheeks together and said,'Lila we're snuggling together, do you want to come' and she said 'du du du du du du du du du"

D)Friday morning I told Anabelle that she was gonna play with her friend Carly that night because her Dad and I were going to the temple. Eight hours later, as soon as Braden walks in the door she says, "Dad, are you gonna marry my Mom?!!"

E) Anabelle peeing on my foot in public

Or was it

F) Going to THE BEST YARD SALE OF MY LIFE on Saturday. Among many other outrageous finds, I scored 60 pairs of kids shoes (many with tags, hardly any of them have been worn at all)....grand total? $15 bucks (.25 per pair). You need shoes, I'm your girl.

This is what Lila looks like after you bust her. Does this look like the face of someone who cares that they have been busted? No. Not at all. The girl cares not. In fact, she looks as though she's actually mocking me. As if to say, "oooooooohhh Mom, what are you gonna do? Real scary..."


10 comments:

Jessica said...

my vote is for the lingerie, love it, AB sounds like she keeps you guys busy

H.Sons said...

I second the lingerie. That is awesome. Im sure you didn't think so but I am cracking up! Thanks

Ryan and Tammy said...

Man, you crack me up. You should right a book or something because that sure made me laugh and it has so not been a laughing matter type of night. Thanks for the churro...sadly even after I had stuffed my face, I ate it.

Barbie and Craig said...

How can I choose? I think I will go with the lingerie as well, but I LOOOOOOOVE getting a good deal, so the shoes are a very close second! If I only had a girl!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are tough choices. I think my fav is the lingerie. Only because we had the missionaries over unexpectedly and my breast pump was sitting out. One of them asked what it was for and Emma showed them. Good times...

If you send me your email I will send you the marshmallow fondant recipe. thepalmerfam (at) hotmail.com

Josh,Trish,Braden and Mackenzie said...

ok, that is just great...all of it. you crack me up connor. and congrats on the great find at the yard sale..thats a score for sure.

Beach Hendersons said...

Lingerie for sure.

emilyy said...

Okay so I love that your kids never wear clothes, until the missionaries come over and then it's lingerie. What are you teaching these kids? I laughed so hard at that I almost peed on my own foot. HAHA I love your stories.

Kristin Tice said...

I can always count on your blog to give me a good laugh. Not much more to say than that!

kelly said...

the nightie greeting is awesome. at least she had the "decency" to put something on.

lena usually just strolls up from behind me in the buff. im sure my male 64 yr old retired professor of a neighbor is mildly mortified each and every time

i seriously love anabelle.