Anabelle turned 3 on the 12th of September. She chose to go camping for her birthday. But it rained. So we threw together a last minute party for her. Braden and I decorated jungle cupcakes the night before along with all other party prep. But she woke up sick. We canceled the party and spent half the day in Urgent Care, and the other half she spent in bed, miserable. She would ask to open a present, then ask to go to bed. After a few hours, she would ask for another present, then go back to bed. I asked her if she wanted a cupcake and she said, "Can I just go to bed and stay there for however long I want?" At about 10 that night, after having spent much of the day asleep, she was AWAKE. So me being the extra super cool mom that I am, (read irresponsible), took her to see a 10 o'clock showing of "Ice Age, Return of the Dinosaurs'. I asked her if she liked it when it was over and she said, "Yeah. But I didn't like the parts with the dinosaurs." So I guess after the previews it was all downhill for her.
She spent that week sick and we had a re-do party the next week because she was asking if friends were going to come over and watch her eat cake. But by that time I had thrown all the jungle cupcakes out and was over the whole party thing. So we frosted sugar cookies and she didn't even eat hers because she was excitedly watching all her friends eat. It was fun to see her at her party. She was so excited about everything and just so happy. Then I took her to Toys R Us because she had a little gift card and let her walk around looking at stuff for hours. Hours. Lila will tell you. And of all the fantastic toys in that place do you know what she chose? A stuffed animal. What a shocker.







1 comment:
Thanks for hooking me up Julie, you're off the black list. :) Those cupcakes were super cute. Glad Anabelle got a do over birthday party. It's no fun being sick.
Post a Comment