
The problem with taking a trip to Virginia is that it's only a trip. And all too soon the trip comes to a close. And then I have to leave. Which breaks my heart each and every time. So while I'm there I try to spend every second soaking up those trees and mountains and wonderful people that I love so dearly. And of course we had our annual "This is how we'll make it back here" discussion. Please let our plan work, please let our plan work...
Although preparation and cleanup for the trip exceeded time actually spent there, great moments make it worth it. Like laughing with my best friend and college roomie. Hearing a lecture in Durham 108. Watching Braden play soccer. Eating at Salerno's with the old gang. Seeing my kids play with cousins and hanging with D and Mo. Walking around that old town and feeling like I never left. And of course, listening to the chamber choir sing "Shenandoah". Nowhere feels more like home than Virginia.


3 comments:
Jason's comment to this post:
"Who's that guy flirting with your brother's wife?"
And I am wondering... who won the 5K between Norm and Beldon?
We have that same conversation everytime we go back to Virginia. We live in Michigan, but out hearts are in VA for sure. It was so good to see you and your cute family.
Wow, you make me want to move back to Virginia, and I've only visited there several times...loved your pictures, Julie.
Post a Comment