I have a friend from college named Val. She had biological triplets who are now 4. When they were about two she adopted two more children from Eastern Europe with special needs. Now she is trying to bring home three more from Bulgaria. That makes 8 kids, five of them with special needs! I think of her on the days when I lose patience with my two. The first time Braden and I saw her blog, there was a slide show of one of her little boys in the orphanage where he spent his infancy. Braden walked by the computer and saw a picture of her in the orphanage and said she truly had an angelic look about her. He was so right. I am inspired by people who do- not just think nice thoughts or have sweet intentions, but people who take action and DO something to change the lives of others, especially when it involves a great personal sacrifice.
As you can imagine, international adoption is expensive so she is having a silent auction on her blog to try to raise the money she needs to bring them home. It ends tomorrow night so if you can help her out, find her blog at www.fromthetrenchesofadoption.blogspot.com
If nothing else, maybe she will inspire you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment