Nothing gets the weekend kicked off to a good start like a surprise party. Especially when you're the surprisee. Our ward had a playgroup baby shower for Golden Diamond (Anabelle's latest name for the babe). It was so perfect and thoughtful. It does not make it easier to leave the Hoover ward. Not at all. They should have thrown trash at me and pointed out my dreadful split ends so I don't have to cry next week when I start saying good bye. I was excited that I actually had my camera in my backpack. I took it out. I set it on the counter. And at the end of the shower I picked it back up. And that is the story of why I have no pictures.
Happily and thankfully, Anabelle had a wild turnaround on Friday afternoon (thanks to Marilyn). There are no words for the gratitude. I was losing it.
When Braden got home Saturday night we ran some errands, went to our favorite restaurant (Costco), and stocked him up on junk food. After the girls went to bed I was sitting at the table and Braden, wearing his AF getup, broke out the impersonation bag and started telling me stories of the last 10 weeks. I think even people who know him pretty well probably don't know how hilarious his voices and impersonations are. It is the talent he stashes under the bushel and only busts it out with a very select few. It is one of my favorite things about being home with him. I had tears rolling down my cheeks, my big belly was shaking like jelly (which makes us laugh harder), I even had to use the double fan. It was medicinal. It was the Braden I miss. Even though we get to talk on the phone sometimes or even see each other, I feel like I rarely get Braden my husband or Braden my childrens' father. It's usually OT Reynolds with a hint of Braden. It was an hour of normalcy and I needed that.
Sunday flew by with me holding a sick Lila. She's even sweeter when she's sick. Melts my heart. Anabelle handled the departure much much better. Here's hoping for a great week. I'm sure Braden is in heaven. We won't talk to him all week because he is on a week long paintball war against the commissioned staff. They arrived at a camp this morning and they get off the bus under enemy fire and have to overtake them. Basically the best week of work ever in his life. Can't wait for these stories.
4 comments:
Ah, Julie - almost there. Boy, would I have loved to hear those Braden voices. Hearing him (when he's in that mode) is one of the most entertaining moments in time. Love you - Mom R.
wow Julie. every now and again i get a chance to catch up on the Reynolds' news :) what a sweet mother and wife you are. I wish I lived closer to you. thanks for the smile or laugh I usually seem to get when reading your posts. good stuff.
So, does that mean your hubby is done/almost done with training? I wish I had a Hoover Ward... we are in the oddest little branch right now... Oh, and i bet the voices are terrific! (my hubby has some great ones... and i absolutely love them! he's shares them often though.)
Oh, Julie! I just read the post below this one and I really feel for you! I can hardly handle being with Michael for a few days in row without Nathan coming home to help. I can't imagine weeks upon weeks of it!
A few weeks ago I had a dream where I saw you and your cute little girls and all I wanted to do was hug you and tell you how great I thought you were. I wish so much that the dream was real! But you're almost done, right? Just a few more days!
Dear Julie,
Welcome to the life of a military wife. Sometimes it makes you crazy, sometimes it makes your kids crazy, but in the end you become a stronger family because you value each other more. You know what it is like to sacrifice. I love you and am happy to be moving closer to you. We will be able to console each other and distract the kids with cousins when the men are off playing in the sand box.
Love,
Jaime
Post a Comment