Sunday, June 6, 2010

Reporting live from PCB

I interrupt the sequence of last weeks happenings and subsequent postings to announce that we have officially left the Ham. With much moving confusion due to the fact that Maxwell AF base forgot to fax DH's moving request, we finally got here. I think this is our ninth move together. And I must say, if ever you have the choice of packing yourself or having two burly (albeit foul smelling) men do it for you, DEFINITELY go with the latter. Although somehow we still worked very hard all day. Okay, kinda hard. We will see how strong that endorsement remains when I see how much of my stuff is missing or broken. We currently reside in the base hotel and are hoping to be into our house by Monday. We peeked in the windows and are very excited about it. I noticed our next door neighbors have a boat so we will need to summon up all possible charm. I'll try not to let the girls go running through the streets naked with peanut butter in their hair until I've had time to make proper impressions.

We went shopping at the commissary this morning. The prices were great on the whole- I figure I can make fresh salsa for about half the price of what is used to cost me. And who doesn't get jazzed about half price heartburn? And all the price tags on the shelf are digital. And there's a stand with a zillion kinds of different fresh olives. Who knew that the olive species was so plentiful? And their milk is just as cheap as Costco but it has probiotics in it, which is clearly superior milk. I expect big things from it.

We went swimming in the base pool today and had a great time together. I realized that no matter where we go, we go together and therefore always have your best friend with you. What a great thing to never feel lonely or nervous however many times you have to start over in a new place.

There we were driving down the street and the ocean suddenly appeared and I had a fantastic moment of, "I live on the ocean". Has that ever happened to you? Because it was a first for me, and let me tell you- it felt good.

Church in a new ward in a couple of hours. Commissioning posts/Reynolds gathering are in process. A gazillion pictures proving good times and much merriment are coming soon to a computer near you,hopefully one that is less crappy than mine. Let's hope boat neighbors also have unsecured wireless internet we can share until we're up and running. The days of lending cups of sugar are over- now we want to borrow satellite and internet. That's the same right?

3 comments:

The Bischoff's said...

awww... sounds awesome! I do have to say I am jealous! I want to live on the beach!!! We will definitely have to plan a trip soon!!

Steve, Maggie, Janie said...

YOU are ADORABLE. and a little bit of a hero (well mine anyway). love you!

emilyy said...

sounds like life is good! so great that you live at the beacg. i hear that Tim got married, were you able to go? hope all goes well with the new place and especially with boat neighbors.