All of Braden's family came for his commissioning except for Ryan's clan who played the "we live in Istanbul" card. They were sincerely missed and thought of. The fact that they all came is an indicator of the support system they have going on. Throughout the duration of OTS I asked for prayers and fasting from our families on his behalf and we know that his success there has a connection with that. I remember after Braden had his first big exam that he was really stressed about I told his two oldest brothers on the phone how well he had done. Both of their reactions were so sweet. There were yelps and genuine celebrations for his success. That Sunday as I sat by Braden in church and whispered throughout Sunday school to him, I told him what Ryan and Reese had done and said in reaction to his test score. I could see how absolutely touched he was that his big brothers were so proud of him and what he was doing. He got a letter from Cody one night that also meant the world to him. You couldn't count the number of Cliff bars and letters he received that we both appreciate so much. What a blessing to belong to a family who cares so deeply for one another and also has a stinkin blast every time we see each other.
The guy in the smoothest military uniform out there is my brother who is an officer in the Navy. He came all the way from Pearl Harbor to do Braden's commissioning. It was such a sweet and proud moment for me to have my brother swear in my husband as they became brothers in arms. We are so appreciative to Phil for coming all that way- it was a moment I will always cherish.
I think we had about 22 people staying at our place. Little people stuffed in closets and corners, and cousins frolicking the day away in jammies and eating food with no nutritional value-the way any real gathering should be.
A huge, huge thank you to our families who support us and love us. We know it is a sacrifice to travel and are so grateful for each one of you.
Braden taking his penalty slap from each brother after moving his feet. "Thank you sir, may I have another?"
Yet another Reynolds brothers invented game- stand in a circle and slap each other. Seriously, that's the game.
Dad's back and he's grillin ribs!!
Where in the world did she get that idea?
Mush and I and our future bestie cousins.
The cake that Braden covets throughout the duration of each Costco trip. I figured eating all those MRE's, he had earned him his very own.
BBQ with buddies later that night. I miss our friends from the Ham. Still anxiously awaiting some visits from them.
Right after we got home from graduation. Everyone was a bit EXHAUSTED and just so happy to be together. Now you know how I see the world when I look down.
1 comment:
Tears are falling, rest assured! Oh to be hanging out with you guys today...I think we'd all give our right arms. BTW, Jake wanted to send Uncle Braden a special invitation to his birthday which was 5 days ago. He wonders if he can still please come?
Love you chickens!
Post a Comment