Phil was still in town for Memorial Day so we paid a little visit to American Village for some patriotic festivities. It was neat for me to spend the day with two active duty service members. Cheaper too. They didn't charge any of us admission. I took out my wallet to pay for myself after telling her that my husband and brother are active duty servicemen and she said,"No, you're serving too". It was a simple thing but I was touched by it. I have begun to feel the impact that being a military family has on all of us. But once I walked through the doors and heard stories of true loss and sacrifice in the name of our country's freedom, it helped put my 13 weeks of experiences in perspective.
On the way home Phil and Anabelle were sitting in the back singing nursery rhymes together. Except Phil wouldn't let her sing the words that were grammatically incorrect. This began to frustrate Anabelle and she said, "Let's take a break from singing, because you're doing it all wrong". We all smiled and then busted a gut when she said, "Phil, grammer games are not fun." And then shaking her head she said, "Not good, Phil, not good". So very funny. And so very true. Really Phil, grammer games are not fun.


Mom, don't you wish you had this available for the times we made you so mad "you could spit nails"?

2 comments:
Hey sis. Can you add my sister in law Ceci to your private blog? Her email is ceciaq@gmail.com! Thanks!Love you!
Het Cutie, what is TIm's address. I haven't sent a wedidng gift yet and don't know his address. Love the posts. Your family is so dang cute!!
Post a Comment