Monday, July 26, 2010

At the risk of being inappropriate...

Anabelle: So, they're gonna cut your tummy open soon to get the baby out.
Me: Maybe, I hope not.
Anabelle: Well how does she come out?
Me: Another way.
Anabelle: How??

I then exhaust ALL indirect and vague explanations of possible baby exits.

Anabelle: Mom! WHERE IS SHE COMING OUT???!!!

I lay it on her. Kind of. Not even mature enough to say the real word. I say 'girl parts'. She helps me out...

"VAGINA"?!

"SHE'LL BE ALL SHLOBBERY FROM YOU PEEING ON HER"!

"I'm not going to pee on her".

"YUCKETY YUCK YUCK YUCK"!!



For those of us who really know Anabelle we know that this is only part one of this post. Yes, this incident exceeds a small chuckle in blog world. In reality, this conversation is just a timebomb of embarrasement with my name on it ticking away. Where oh where will this re-surface?

4 comments:

The Bischoff's said...

Oh I miss that girl! I can totally hear her......

The Grays: said...

I am laughing SO hard right now...When I was pregnant with Giuliana, my nephew kept asking me where she was going to come out. And, he persistently told me that it WAS not my belly button and he wanted to know the real place. I then kindly ushered him to my sister to answer the question :-)

Barbie and Craig said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear the good news!

Reynolds Rundown said...

The other day Isaac saw a tampon in my bag and asked what that was for. I explained that when I have a baby, it grows in something called a uterus, but when there isn't a baby,then every month, the uterus gets rid of extra blood. He said, "it just comes out of you!" and points to his eyes and ears like I would exude blood. Then, I tell him where it comes out. He looked down and asked, "You bleed! Are you like, 'Whoa!'" Then, after a pause he adds, "You must hate that." Wise young man.