Monday, October 25, 2010

It's that time again

Right on schedule. I am homesick for Virginia. October does it to me every year. Even though I'm not in Virginia (and didn't even get to go to homecoming this year), I remain a loyal and devoted fan to the month of October and the Fall season in general.

There are several reasons why October is the very best month.

Crisp morning air.

Chilly nights.

Sipping hot chocolate.

Chatting with neighbors until it gets dark.

In Virginia, it is breathtakingly beautiful. All the trees are on fire with vibrant changing colors. We are of course enjoying no such beauty this year, but we are insanely relieved at the bearable weather and drop in humidity. We have started to leave our house and explore the parks around us. Although we have lived here for five months now, we are just now getting to see which families in our neighborhood have children because during the summer the streets are totally void of people.

It is the beginning of the holiday season. This means good food, family gatherings, decorating, crafts, sweaters, costumes, hot chocolate, and my kids in cute hats.

It is also my birth month. This year Braden got me a nice camera that I have been wanting for-e-ver and took me out to eat. I even left Maisey for the first time and it was so nice to be an us again instead of just crowd control. We discovered an excellent Mexican restaurant with huge portions (yay for Braden and his hunger fear). He even took half his food home (has that ever happened before)?

October has been such an enjoyable time for us. I have a growing excitement for the holidays and all the joy that comes with this season.


Thanks for the spit-up fangs, Maisey. Even Lila is disgusted.


Lila's response to my instructions to "be scary"




2 comments:

MaShay & Jason said...

Oh my goodness Lila is getting SOOOO big!!! Little Maisey reminds me of Brady a lot. Man. I really wish we could see you guys. I mean ladies and ONE guy.

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous girls - Halloween treats for sure...Mom