Do you know what my very favorite way to wake up and start the day is?
Yep, you guessed it. Having a stranger come in my house, walk up the stairs, and return my child to me.
It's my fav.
With the current slepping situation being what it is, I slept upstairs in the office last night, to try to keep little people from waking each other up. Anabelle came in at some time in the dark morning to tell me that her lips are chapped. Crucial. I told her to go downstairs and play quietly and I would help her when the flippin sun came up. As I laid there I could hear her downstairs with Braden as he got ready and left for work. Then I hear her voice calling, "Mom", but she does this all the time and when I go to her she tells me that she is calling Panda's mom, or someone from a pretend game. Happens at least once a week. Because her voice is not shrieking loud like I know it can be, and because she and I have had a conversation and she knows where I am, I continue to lay there assuming that she is involved in a game.
Suddenly I hear a woman's voice in Maisey's room where she was sleeping saying, "Is anybody here?"
I go out in the hall and she has Anabelle and asks me, "Are you this little girls mother?"
Yep.
"She was outside screaming that she couldn't find her mother".
Cool. Extra super cool, in fact.
A fun little thing she still does since OTS anxiety...if she can't see me she FREAKS out and automatically runs outside screaming, assuming that I have left her.
Between our new caring stranger and the neighbor who found Lila the other day at the bus stop down the street, I won't be surprised if I start seeing the base police patrol my house more often. Although, I probably wouldn't notice because I would likely be engrossed in some soap opera while my children frolick in traffic.
(although, to be fair Braden left the front door open and forgot he did so, and it wasn't a real bus stop, just a school bus stop. The lady who returned her was NOT impressed with our parenting).
Any ol day now. Just waiting for that Mother of the Year award.
2 comments:
OH MY! Those girls keep you on your toes, no??? Worry not. I, personally, think you are a fantastical mother and I strive to be more like you. More fun. More gospel in my home. More Julie. Less boring and anal. And if a kid down the street every now and then keeps you less boring, then I say hooray for you.
But a lock up high may not be the worst idea ever ;)
You ARE awesome, so stop talking about my friend in such negative ways. will ya?
THis was just about the best post I have read.
Post a Comment