Saturday, February 5, 2011

Maisey is 6 months old today

She can sit. She can roll over. She can't shake yet, we're still working on that.

In the last month she started babbling "da da da da da" and "ma ma ma ma ma". Not as Mom or Dad, just flexing the golden pipes.

She can roll herself quite far and frequently gets herself wedged in furniture, (or maybe purposefully trying to hide from Lila's love?).

She sleeps through the night. Except when she takes a break from sleeping through the night at 1:50am to eat. And then she takes another little break to eat at 4:50am. Other than those small breaks she sleeps right through the night.

She reminds me of Lila as a baby- so low maintenance, so happy. Funkier hair though. Truly untameable.

She smiles always. No, really, she is always smiling. Which is no small thing considering the size of those cheeks.

She hasn't exactly been back to the doctor (since she was born) but, according to my bathroom scale, she weighs 24 pounds. Wowza. Lila weighs 29.

24 pounds of finger-chewing, toe-grabbing, gigglish, joy.

I dare say I've never met a jollier soul.

She makes my days so very happy.

I don't think there is a more kissed face in all the land.









2 comments:

MaShay & Jason said...

She LOOKS JUST LIKE BRADY! SOOOOO CRAZY! I miss you guys. Maisey sounds a lot like Hank besides the chubby part. I wish Lila could love on Hank too. Man I miss you.

MaShay & Jason said...

P.S. The last picture in this post...that is a face Ed Burton would make.