I purposefully withheld the part about finding a stack of onesies at a yard sale for a quarter, which she needed anyway due to the fact that her bowels somehow defy gravity. And since one had a cupcake on it I could't resist scaring him for a second that I was becoming 'that mom'. The one who spends exorbitant amounts of money, thought, and effort on stuff the child has no idea is happening.
He can make fun of me all he wants, I do believe that seven months is cause for a celebration. I mean, she's been through a lot in the last 200+ days.
Her sisters are living proof that love hurts. I really believed in the beginning that Maisey was a sort of novelty and that as time wore on, the girls would lose interest, at least a little. Oh, contrair. I thought that after telling them 39 times a day to be soft with her that they would grasp the concept of 'baby'. Instead, I find they are increasingly taking greater liberties with her life as they see her getting bigger and now put her on equal playing ground with themselves.
Recently I noticed a ring of scabs on the back of Maisey's head which encircled a bald spot. I wasn't sure what to think of it. Until Anabelle asked me to lay Maisey on the floor by the table as she was sure Maisey would want to watch her eat breakfast. I did so, and went to start a load of laundry. When I returned, Maisey was on the opposite side of the room. I wondered aloud if she had really rolled that far that fast. Anabelle's reply :
"Oh no, Mom. I gave her a ride".
"A ride?"
"Yes, she loves for me to give her rides all around. Sometimes when you let her come to my room during quiet time I give her rides all around the room. I get her feet then I run all around and swing her. Sometimes I use her hands too. She loves it".
In browsing pictures I feel a bit nervous as I envision a future conversation with Maisey...
"Hey, Mom- I was looking through the 14,000 pictures you have of my first year of life and I can't help but notice that I am being attacked by Anabelle or Lila or sometimes both....and it seems like since there are so many pictures of it you chose to photograph it rather than stop it?"
"Um, yeah, not too much to say there. What do ya say I let you pick out your own prom dress instead of wearing Lila's. Which was Anabelle's. Who wants ice cream?"
Future Maisey: I want to make them stop, I do. I've tried, really. Let this be your first life lesson- love hurts. But better to be hurt than not to be loved at all, I always say.
7 month milestone skills include:
-dancing to music
-getting up on all fours and rocking...not quite a crawl forward but oh, so close
-can reverse scoot rather quickly
-copies movements. If you tell her 'wiggle' she will move her hands and head back and forth vigourously.
While I admit to a tidbit of sadness at the prospect of her crawling, I will also feel happy for her to at least have some sort of defense. Every time I put her on the floor I feel like I'm throwing her to the wolves. They're like sharks who smell food- as soon as she hits the carpet they circle her with wild shrieks and freakish giggles. They continue to circle, not quite sure how they're gonna 'play' with her yet... she's watching them, unsure of what is coming, but the concerned look on her face tells me she senses that it is not good.
It's all out of love.
Happy 7 months, Maisey. You are truly a gem. I'll make it up to you when I rent you a team of white Shetlin ponies to parade you around for your first birthday. I only have 5 more months to get those themed invites to the printer. In Europe. What?, the UK is the only place I could find who would make & attach a real 'ponytail' in the shape of a butterfly.

"Yes, Maisey? Do you have a question? No sweetheart, it's not going to end. In fact, it's only just begun".
5 comments:
Love it! Your girls are so cute. I am glad that I am not the only afraid to put my child down...execpt at your house you get shrieks and giggles and we get "rocket tackle" and "bulldozer"
Holy crap she's CUTE!!1
Well - at least it's cheap entertainment...I love those cuties! Mom
i love your family.
the end.
Oh wow! I miss you guys! You always give me a good laugh! LOVE it!!!
Post a Comment