Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A good start

Some mornings when I wake up the fog is thick over the lake in the backyard. The sun is so bright that you really can't see much. It's hard to tell where the water ends and the woods begin. You can't see the usual wildlife going about their business. It's hard to pick out much of the landscape I have come to know so well. Which keeps me from thinking too specifically about anything. Just a thick misty bright atmosphere surrounds you. I like to just sit there and feel the warm sun and be overwhelmed by light. Being enveloped by this first thing in the morning is almost a guarantee that your day is going to be terrific.

I took these pics from my back yard. OK, fine- I had to open the gate and go into the gators yard to take them. But don't worry, I've never known them to be early risers. They don't get out of pond until after 8. Lazy monsters. Apparently their babies don't wake up abominably early. Maybe if I had 80 sharpened chompers in my boca (with 5 sets of replacements available) my kids would sleep in too. Those are accurate facts, by the way. You know these things when your all your childrens' pictures have real alligators in the background.

I was telling Braden that seeing water out my windows while I eat breakfast makes me feel rich. Does it matter that it's actually a drain off swamp full of reptiles, or that I actually don't own this house? Nope, not at all. Feel like a million bucks, every day. It's good that it's just a feeling and not reality, because you don't have to pay taxes on a feeling. Yet.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so pretty!!

i wake up to cinderblock walls and tiny windows with dead trees outside. let me tell you, the fog only makes it creepier! :)

...but this too shall pass!

emilyy said...

Amazing! I have a swamp out my back window too, but it still has ice chunks floating in it.

MaShay & Jason said...

Beautiful! I wake up to the smell of my neighbor making homemade tortilla shells every morning. Yes...in theory this should smell good. But once it get's through our air system...it wakes me up because of how crappy it smells.

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Great pics Julie. I especially like the first one.