Friday, April 1, 2011

Pop Quiz

Name something that is amazing, has changed my life profoundly, and has been around for thirty years.

Did you guess Braden? If you did you are totally correct and you can come over and pick a prize out of the basket (of broken toys that I cleaned out of the girls room today).

I also would have accepted Justin Timberlake, invention of Post-it notes, the discovery of the Titanic, or the first PC by IBM.

But Braden should be the obvious and best choice, even considering the goose bumps I get when I hear "Cry Me a River".

I had a pen made that said "This pen to be used exclusively by those who are 30". I traded it for the pen that is always in his flight suit. He discovered the trade before he left for work. He walked past me and threw the pen on the counter and said, "Very funny". Well thank you, I do find it very funny.

As it turns out, it happens to be a really great pen so I have claimed it as my own. I never was a big rule follower.

Happy 30th Birthday to my Beldy, who really is amazing, and really has changed my life profoundly.


Some of Braden's younger friends who came over to hear stories about what it was like to grow up in the 80's.


Wish I woulda stripped her down to her birthday suit pre-cone. This outfit is still soaking in Oxi-Clean.




Double dark chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and dark chocolate ganache frosting with heath on top.

A happy Braden- about to eat his cake and just got back from winning the squadron soccer game.

A smoker and a chunk of cow.

1 comment:

MaShay & Jason said...

We really wish we could see yuo guys. Jason thinks he and the smoker will be great friends. :) Miss you! And Julie did you make that cake yourself?! Impressive lady!