Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A shout out to the ONE year old

My Maisey turned one on August 5th. We had been in Utah for just a few days so Aunt Michelle came through for her and got her a cake and a present. She was only mildly interested in either, but greatly enjoyed all Michelle's farm animals. I guess we'll get her a goat when she's two to make up for this year. Also because I don't want to mow the lawn when Braden is deployed.





Reinforcements agree to step in...












She constantly has a mischevious look on her face, like she is into something. That's probably because she usually is. I told Braden just today that she is going to be shocked to find out that her given name is not Rascal.


She will not keep any type of hair band or bow in. Why yes, it does drive me insane, thanks for asking. Her scraggly hair is always hanging in her eyes. Plus I have a lot of really really cute hair bows that would have gone great with that shirt.

Likes to sit with Lila and splash all the water out of the tub. It's one of those situations where I don't want to condone the mess making behavior, but I pretend not to see them because I so enjoy hearing them laugh together over it.



She has four teeth which she uses to eat yogurt, along with the occasional batch of Cheerios.

She has a full head of wild hair, which she prefers be left in its natural state.

She has a fantastic smile which temporarily blocks her vision.

She has THE BEST dance move, guaranteed to make me laugh. It only happens in her car seat. And it's indescribable. You just have to see it. Come over and I'll give you a ride somewhere. And I'll probably only charge a few bucks in gas money, totally a steal considering the show you'll get.

I love to chase her and make her giggle. And I love to kiss her big cheeks, and I absolutely adore her wave.

I love to see her walking around the house, fists and mouth full of treasures she has collected and is in the process of of relocating.

She is a fun one, that's for sure.

So very glad she's mine, forever.

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Happy Birthday Maisey!! I'm so happy that your kids can FINALLY play in the grass and they won't be hunted down by treacherous creatures or drag in piles of sand into the house. Also, the picture with Lila and the horse is so cute!