I took these pictures when Lila turned 5. I want to make sure I blog about them before she turns 6. Or 16.
Braden and I saw this outfit while we were on a date one night (because although we try not to, we spend our time away from them quoting them and shopping for them). And it called out to us. We couldn't get over how cute Lila would look in it. It seemed to capture the essence of her- sweet, innocent, bright and fun. And that hat wasn't even on sale. If she ever questions my love for her, let it be known that I paid retail for something (at her Dad's insistence- I never would have done that without his bad influence).
Lila's obsession over the past few months starts with an E and ends with lise. Sometimes that's a bit hard for me to manage. She has trouble focusing on anything other than her baby sister. She loves all babies actually, but she is partial to the cutest one ever, which happens to live in our house.
She loves dogs and being outside. I often find her rocking outside by herself in the rocking chair or jumping on the trampoline. She loves beautiful music and can play several church songs by ear on the piano. She loves to swim, but not run through sprinklers. Many times throughout the day she will go outside and wander in the back yard playing with her imaginary friend "Achey", or "Achster "as she sometimes calls him. She loves a HOT bath. And she LOVES to wrestle. Her favorite animal is a butterfly. She loves spoonfuls of peanut butter, handfuls of pistachios, and will eat a carton of tomatoes with me.
Her favorite things to do are crafts and play-doh. She plays well with Maisey and they spend most of their mornings playing "honey", a game where they pretend to be family and take care of each other. I just can't imagine where they came up with that story line.
She has a giving heart that I admire. The other night we were eating dinner and we were having her very favorite food, seashell noddles with white sauce. It's the meal she picked to eat on her birthday. In the middle of dinner, when Lila has just started eating her noodles, and Anabelle has eaten all of hers, Anabelle asked Lila if she could have her noodles. Without a second thought, and with zero hesitation, she passed her plate over to Anabelle. She does those sorts of things regularly.
She was in time out recently for throwing a tantrum when it was time to come in for dinner. I carried her home and put her in the black rocking chair in Maisey's room. She was yelling and going crazy in there. I knew that her behavior was mostly fatigue as she doesn't sleep well at night and has a hard time holding it together the later it gets in the day. I realized that it had suddenly become silent in her room and assumed she had fallen asleep. I walked in there to wake her up, not wanting her to take a 5:00 nap. When I opened the door, she was standing up straight, facing the direction of the center of the base, with her hand on her heart. She could hear the National Anthem playing outside. She looked up at me and said, "I'm just doing heart time in time out". I let her out. It melted my heart.
She starts Kindergarten tomorrow and I have to say, it is really tugging at my heart strings. I haven't ever had time just with Lila, like I have the other girls. I have to look for it in "cracking" her on the trampoline or letting her style my hair, as she loves to do.
I am so curious about this peculiar and pure little spirit. I have the feeling she came to teach us a few things.
I sure love you Lila-lou!









No comments:
Post a Comment