Looking back on this week, two things stick out to me: How terrible I felt, and how grateful I was. I was seriously ill and so very exhausted. I came a little late because I just couldn't get out of bed. But the moment I pulled up, Jess and Dad came out and unloaded my suitcases, Jess made me a plate of dinner, and Reese grabbed Elise and changed a nasty blowout. I would not have pushed myself to get out of bed to spend time with any other group of people. I feel enormously grateful for the friendship I have with each of my in-laws, and for their influence on my girls. We all missed Braden a little extra this week but I'm so thankful to his brothers for stepping in for him in so many ways.
 |
| Singing with uncle Ryan at the airshow (preunion) |
 |
| Jake's birthday party in an ice cream parlor on location Hard to beat that rendition of Happy Birthday |
 |
| Braden- Daman is saving your spot for next year! |
 |
| Maisey got a killer UTI While everyone else was out swimming, she and I stayed home to pump water through her in hopes of avoiding a hospital trip. The uncles and Grandpa were moving and laying brick to help Angi's parents so we hung around them. Ryan and Cody would do silly things to get her to drink water, promising to run her through the sprinklers or do funny tricks after she drank a cup. It worked! After a few hours of this, literally running to the bathroom every few minutes, and coming right back to drink water, she felt better. When she went pee and realized it didn't hurt, she immediately gave me a giant hug and said, "THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME!!" |
 |
| I love this picture, oddly. It represents what I love about our family. I am convinced that no little girls ever had a better group of uncles. I know it means a lot more to me right now as they are in need of "daddy time". I really appreciate each of the uncles taking time to play with them and make them feel loved. |
 |
| Making up songs about everyone we could think of |
No comments:
Post a Comment