A & L both had games at the same time so I watched half of each. A played defense. She definitely showed improvement but still has a hesitancy about going head to head with people. I was glad to see her be more willing to get in the fight though. Look, this is her tripping a boy who was clearly going to beat her to the ball.
 |
| Meanwhile, on the baseball diamond, some boys that Maisey was excited to play with told her that she was "little". I overheard this and turned around to see how she would take it, as I know this is currently a sensitive subject. She shot right up, put her hands on her hips, and declared that she is FOUR YEARS OLD! And then she walked away to play alone. Because it's better to be alone than to not be respected, even she knows that. I mean, of course she knows that, SHE'S FOUR YEARS OLD. |
 |
| Anabelle didn't see a whole lot of action because her team is strong offensively. But when the ball came she did her best to be involved. |
 |
| ....and besides, it's sisters before misters anyway |
 |
| Cut to field B across the street where you will find a very happy Lila not even looking at the ball. She doesn't have any idea where it is. And she doesn't care. Because she's got on cleats and shin guards and socks and a real jersey and she is a soccer player, for real. She can't be focusing on the ball and all those other exciting factors at one time, that's too much. |
 |
| Full speed ahead! (in the wrong direction). |
 |
| Lilaaaaaaaaa! Come baaaaaaaaack! |
 |
| Too far, too far, turn around!! |
 |
| This dear man trying to teach these kids about a throw in. Bless his heart, and may he also get a juice box and a candy bar when the game is over. |
 |
| At least she found a buddy. Yea for buddies! |
 |
Her buddy is excited (and aware) that the ball is coming to them. So it counts. Because after all, they are operating under the buddy system.
She seemed happy out there. So I'd say she won. |
No comments:
Post a Comment