Thursday, March 19, 2015

An Emmett is born: part 2

Dear Emmett, the women in your life painted their nails blue in honor of you coming. It was our way of welcoming a boy into our house. 
 My last hugs with Elise before I went to the hospital. It's emotional for me every time I get a new baby because that relationship inevitably changes with my "big" baby. It's what I hate worst about the whole deal.



Dad helped with the first bath. I watched from my bed in a drug induced, post labor, haven't slept for days, IT'S FINALLY OVER, sort of nappish state.

The girls couldn't come in to meet him because of flu/RSV season but Braden brought them to get a look through the door. I actually love these pictures. They were just so excited.





Notice that she has slipped Emmett a note through the crack in the door.

Anabelle drew him this picture. She wasn't sure how to decorate a boy blanket so she decided on shapes. 
Jeff's family came to meet him. Jen just wanted to look at his feet and bum. Weird Aunt Jen.
This hat is about the only thing I bought for Emmett. It seemed a perfect way to introduce him to the girls.



No comments: