You know what they say- you can't pick your family, but you can pick raspberries with your family.
We really like to forage together. We've done this several times over the years and it's always a winning experience. It's just the right amount of togetherness and also space; team work yet competition. Plus anytime you can eat from the earth I think you should.
Do you know what's missing from these pictures that is in all our picking pictures from Alabama? Adorable ringlets and sweaty noses born of humidity levels only the devil himself could have inspired. In place of these things, you'll notice Braden looking calm and even carrying a baby. He likes it here. We all do. Although the kids can't allow themselves to admit it because they think somehow that means they don't love and miss Oklahoma with all their hearts.
I want to have a picture at the end of this sequence with stupid amounts of raspberry jam in it. But I don't think we made it home with that many. However, we did make it home with all our kids and that's always a relief.
Here's to a lifetime of berry picking with the people I would have picked if family picking was a thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment