Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Going the distance...


August 21st, 2002: I met Braden in the hall at SVU. It was a few days before classes began. The moment falls far short of anything magical or telling. He asked me if I knew where Col. Lowe's office was. I think I said something like, "No, I don't know where anything is". It's possible that I may have said it in a fun and flirty voice accompanied by my best 'you should ask me out' smile (would I really have just answered his question without at least trying to let him know he was the hottest guy in school. Ever?). I think all girls have one of those smiles. Although, not to fret, I don't use mine anymore. Now I use my 'you should take out the trash' smile. Seems to be slightly less effective and tantalizing. Maybe if I wore lipstick? Anyway, neither of us ever dreamed in the beginning that we would ever be more than something to pass the time. Braden came along completely unplanned, enexpected and even unwanted. Sort of like a teenage pregnancy I guess. But much cuter. And now he's all I want. Two years of ridiculous dating, four years of marriage, two kids, nine moves, six cell phones, 47 plates of nachos, and countless gut laughs later- here we are. Here's to forever Brade, there's no one luckier.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Julie I love you!!! That teenage preggo comment is the BEST!! Thanks for the laugh! Happy 4 years! Can you believe it?? 4 YEARS!!!!

emilyy said...

I find it so hilarious that you compared your LOVE to a teen-pregnancy. I guess I should expect it from someone who spent so much time at Colton high. :) Congrats on 4 years! Keep em' commin'

Stephanie said...

Congrats! I esp. like the 47 plates of nachos!