Thursday, August 14, 2008

Seeing Attle

Wow that was a long time to leave the blog on a bit of a downer. Especially because plenty of great things have happened since then. We spent a week in Washington for Braden's brothers' wedding. I'm not sure that we have ever needed a break from our lives more. We sort of hid out from reality for a week and it was good for us. I told Anabelle we were going to go to Seattle and while we were driving there she said, "We're seeing Attle Mom". Lila got to meet the Reynolds fam and we got to be dry all day. What's neat about that is that we got to decide- if we wanted to be wet we could take a shower or go swimming. Otherwise, we got to be dry. Whoa- that is huge and excellent for those of us residing in the soggy south. The wedding was beautiful, the weather was dynamite, our family is a hoot, and we happened to get the chance to see two very good sets of old friends. One of them had their first baby while I was there. I appreciate that.

Lila did have two seizures while we were there which was very disheartening for me. I had mostly convinced myself that we were out of the woods so I felt a little discouraged to be re-entering the mess of doctors and hospitals again. I called her neurologist who said that he received a test result last week indicating that Lila's pirodoxine levels (vitamin B6) were low, and that can cause seizures. I hadn't taken my prental vitamins last week just because I was out of routine and forgot to take them out of my suitcase. B6 is something you get from diet and is passed thru breastmilk so that makes sense. I have to crush some up and give it to her in a bottle each night. I'm taking her back to Childrens hospital on Monday for another EEG to check things out.

Last night I went to bed around 11. I woke up around 6. Get it? Lila slept through the night, bless her sweet little soul. I do not think I just got lucky with a good sleeper. I have reason to believe that a certain toddler exhausts her. Anabelle shrieks, " Oh Mom, Baby Lila's sleeping!" the second her eyelashes flutter. The next second they are wide open because they have grubby little paws poking them or "drumming" her belly while singing her a "lullaby". I noticed yesterday that Lila often cries at the sound of Anabelle's voice. We're working on the meaning of "gentle" at our house. If I tell her one more time to "be soft" I'm going to start poking myself in the eye.

The other fantastic update in our lives, and by far the most important, is that we have discovered the most scrumptious treat ever. Braden makes fun of me regularly for my overuse of the word "ever". But in this case I feel that even he would deem it at least appropriate, if not necessary. Without further delay: Publix premium low fat frozen yogurt in cool mint spooned out by chocolate animal crackers. If you try it and don't become a huge fan please drop yours off at our house.

1 comment:

Aly said...

That does sound really good. What brand is Publix? I am jealous you got to go see attle. I love it there! ANd I hope everything gets figured out soon with Lila. You guys really deserve a break! I know, I think Richmond is known as a great "forget your cares and troubles" type place.