So check this out. The other day Braden was on his way to take our broken computer to get fixed, and on the way something from a truck in front of him flys out and his tire explodes. So he doesn't take the computer. By this time he has to go to work. He drives my car to work. My car doesn't start when he tries to come home from work. So the next day he drives his car (on the donut) to try to figure out the deal on my car. It was at this time that he notices that the computer is missing from his car. The same computer with the pictures and videos of the first month of Lila's life that exist nowhere else. He comes inside and tells me and I begin to immediately cry my head off. He made some signs and posted them around and within the hour we had the computer back. Busted up and beyond repair. But at least hopefully we have the hard drive so one day we can pay some rich geek to give me my pictures back. So I feel better. A whole lot better. At this point in my life I do not care about the loss of the computer. Put it on the list. I think everything we own (or financed) that has a key or a cord is broken. That's not true. I can be so dramatic. Our ugly-as-sin six dollar toaster that I want to break, is solid. And I have no complaints against our quesadilla maker either. That thing has been going strong for years. Which, tragically, may just be our most used kitchen appliance. We really would have problems if that thing acted up. Braden thinks he's eating crappy now....
Anyway, so yesterday we find a box of girl scout cookies on the doorstep with a note unmistakeably written by a male adolescent. So let's recap: Some 11 year old neighborhood hoodlums break into our car, steal our computer causing me to bawl my little eyeballs out, steals cookies from some cute little girl in a little tan jumper, and then leaves them at my door? Are you kidding me? If they had left thin mints or samoas- well that's somethin. But it's some sort of shortbread rubbish. Who apologizes with shortbread?
OK fine. The only hard facts of my case are that our computer was stolen and we did recieve a box of cookies on our doorstep from one of the apartments above us. I made the connection between the two events. Maybe I'm wrong and we have a secret admirer. Or maybe someone was just being super sweet and I'm being a total jerk. In any case, I'm going to make a dang quesadilla.
5 comments:
I agree. Thin mints would have been a much better way to say I'm sorry.
Holy crap. What else could possibly go wrong? Maybe I shouldn't ask...
Sorry to hear about that- how rotten. I love the previous post about your mom. Share-bear is truly amazing. Turns out, a whole lot of it rubbed off on you.
Hey Julie! So I was blog stalking today and came across you guys, what part of Bham are you living in? Did you know we live in Huntsville! I think Al told me that a while ago but I didn't know u were so close, anyways, just wanted to say Hi! What beautiful girls you have! -Cassidy (Cone) Terry
Stolen goods and mysterious goodies...very suspicious. Too bad the shortbread will bring that kid no where near a reconciliation.
Post a Comment