Tuesday, July 1, 2008

3 weeks old!


"Baby needs to want her paci" says the helpful big sister

Where did she get this dainty, petite body?

The Dr. is in. And she's the one naked for a change.

Well today was full of great things. We woke up to Anabelle singing as usual. She not only sings herself to sleep, she sings herself awake. And the coolest part about that is that she sings every song she knows at the same time. They all run together to form one song:
"I yove Daddy he yoves me. We yove Mommy yes siree. She yoves us and so you see, A B C D F G 6 7 8 9 10 L M N O P Q R's S T V W S Y Z Now I know my A B C D F G yike a diamond in da sky, one for the master, one for Daman (like Uncle Daman rather than dame) and snapped that monkey right out of that tree."
It does vary since her list of songs has now grown to about 20. But in each version somebody gets snapped right out of a tree.
Then we got a knock on the door and it was the nurse administrator in charge of housing. I told her yesterday that we would be all moved out this morning so as soon as I saw it was her I said, "We're almost done, we'll be out in a minute". But she smiled and I saw behind her that she had Lila with her in a cart with all her monitors and equipment. She was wondering if it was okay if she stay with us for a while during the admission of several new babies. Um, are you kidding me? So we got her all to ourselves for the first time as a family. I wouldn't put her down and took like 22 pictures of her doing the same thing (nothing) and looking like an akward fuzzy newborn. An adorable akward fuzzy newborn. And I had Braden dress her and accessorize her in new outfits. And Anabelle shoved her pacifier down her throat a bunch of times and laughed at her naked bum during diaper changes. She also reminded Lila to say excuse me every time she burped. I can tell they're gonna be tight.

Then we met with a guy who trained us how to use the monitor she will go home with. He used the word "mash" instead of "push". He kept saying it and I wasn't sure what word he would have used in any other state. So when he tested me about certain things I may have been a little excessive with the "mashing" of the buttons. Braden told me later that all he meant was push. Oh. So that's all he wanted me to do huh. Why didn't he just say that? He also said "cut it on" and "cut it off" instead of "turn it on". This is a southern thing. But what is it about? Who knows, that's a whole other issue to be explored at another time.

The hospital decided since we're looking at going home at the end of the week, it didn't make sense to have us go home and then come back the night before we take her home (they have you keep the baby in your room the night before just to make sure everything goes okay). So we get to stay. And hopefully for only a few more days. I am one happy girl.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is the little naked blond doctor with the stethoscope? what a hoot. Here's to Friday being an Independence day spent free of the hospital. Sure love you guys, and pullin' for you with all our guts. -ry

Kiki and Lito said...

Julie,
I am Brooks' mom and we met you at Anna Brooke's birthday. I have just been reading your blog and want you to know that I am praying for your family. I know you must be so exhausted and frustrated staying in the hospital so long, not being able to bring Lila home and also to be anxious about when you do get to bring her home. As a cancer survivor, I can tell you the wonderful power of prayer, it is what sustained me through a year of diagnosis and treatment. When I look back, I can't imagine how I even went to work during that time. There are thousands of prayers being sent up on behalf of your family and God hears everyone. I know He does, I am living proof. Stay strong for your girls and try and get some rest for you.

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

Julie... you wonder where she gets her dainty petite body from... uh hello? her mother! well i am SO glad to hear things are progressing I can't even imagine your excitement to be a family in your home again!

emilyy said...

Lila is so stinkin cite i don't blame you for not wanting to put her down. I'm so happy you had such a great day. i can't wait for you to be able to go home with that baby and start real life with your cute family. Anabelle is hilarious in those pics. Good luck with the next few days. Call me when things are all settled and you have time. Love ya.
--em

emilyy said...

Sorry for not proof reading. I meant Stinkin CUTE not stinkin cite, obviously:)