Not one seizure since we've been home. It has been so nice not to see them all the time. She has also been much more alert because the seizures exhaust her. I'm not saying we won't see them again, but I'm so grateful for the vast improvement.
Anabelle has been such a champ through it all. I just couldn't have asked more of such a little person with their life turned upside down for so long. Thus far, she is totally obsessed with Lila and can't get enough of her. I'm prepared for the day when that may end, but for now it's mostly entertaining and so stinkin sweet. We do have our moments. Yesterday when Braden was leaving the hospital with her to drop her off for yet another sleepover I said, "Anabelle I love you so much" and she said, "I love Julienne. I love Julienne. I love Julienne" (The name of our friend). Talk about insta-tears. But she has also started to get possessive of me. I'm no longer "Mama", I've become "My Mama". I'm not sure if she's implying "not Lilia's Mama" but......
The other night I was putting her in bed and she said "I want to sleep with Mom." I said "I know, I want to sleep with you too, but I'm not going to bed right now. I have to clean the house." To which she began pleading, " I need to clean the house with Mama. I need to help Mama. I need to clean the house." As I walked out of her room listening to her kind request (that was getting louder and more desperate with every step) I thought, "Don't you fret sister. Your day is coming."
The time has now come for me to return to my kitchen after my month off and be useful and productive again. Sigh. I'm making a snack for church tomorrow for choir practice because Braden is the choir director and he wants to bribe people into staying. No shame in that. I've always been a strong believer in the power of a pumpkin muffin. And bribery in general. That's how I passed high school Journalism. And as it turns out, it's totally fine that I never showed up to class. I'm still a published writer thanks to blogger.com
2 comments:
It's great to hear how well things are going. The photos of Anabelle with Lila are sweet...super sweet.
Oh and thanks for the "unwritten law", they had completely slipped off my radar.
Post a Comment