...this time for longer hopefully. When I say longer what I mean is forever. We got the results back from one test that showed she does not have herpes. I do not have herpes. Braden does not have herpes. But it sure looked like she might have it. She fit an awful lot of the symptoms perfectly. And she could have gotten it from anyone with a cold sore so I actually was worried today. Herpes kills infants or at least causes severe brain damage. Who knew? So they had her on an IV treating her like she had it just in case. But when we got the results they set us free. So now we return to the waiting game. We will continue to get results back for the next six weeks. Hopefully we don't find anything in any of them. She has had fewer seizures in the last few days. Not sure if that's due to the new med or the taking her off the old one for reflux. Which by the way, upon reading up on, I discovered that it should not be given to children and also not to people with seizures. Perfect, thanks for that one. What a bucket of hogwash. I also have not hooked her back up to her monitor, except at night when we're sleeping. It doesn't really make any sense to us in our opinion. If she does have a period of apnea it would most likely be caused by the seizure, and I am aware of every seizure. She has a distinct cry when she's coming out of one. So we're just gonna have a normal little wee one without any IV's, tubes, wires, cords, needles, or monitors. How exciting. We go back to the hospital to see the neurologist next week and see how things are progressing. It will probably take a while of tweeking her meds to find a dose that is effective at controlling the seizures while still allowing an acceptable living situation for us. Apparently the drugs will most likely make her tired and irritable. It's hard to imagine Lila irritable. I had a little chat with her and just explained that it would really be better for everyone if she not start being cranky. I explained that her sister is almost 2 and we're working with her on some tantrum and manner issues. She was very attentive and I'm pretty sure she's on our side about this one. She's heard Anabelle get rowdy when it's time to leave the pool. What a scene. At least Lila can hide in her carseat.
So it's party weekend for us. I'd hate to undercelebrate the fact that my kid doesn't have herpes. I've never thrown a party of this nature however so I'm open to suggestions. I figure start with some cupcakes, a little hummus and pita chips (fellow loyal Costco patronizers- you know what I'm talkin about). We'll have to take it from there.
1 comment:
I agree that the celebration should be big...maybe a "congrats no herpes" banner with head shots of you, Braden and Lila.
I am very glad to hear that you have her home and that she's wire free.
Post a Comment