Wow, it's Thursday, we're coming up on another weekend. I haven't even recovered from last weekend when Braden decided to try his hand at domesticity. For our date night last Friday, Braden gave me Cinnamon lowlights. That was the plan anyway. Well, that was my plan. I heard him telling someone at church that he was trying to give me tiger stripes. I guess that was my first problem. His tiger stripes didn't quite turn out but we sure had a lot of fun together laughing our heads off. Until I woke up Saturday morning and looked in the mirror to see 75% of my hair in mostly burgandy patches. Braden was sent to the store to retrieve another box of hair dye. Will I ever learn? Do I really believe a box of $4.00 hair dye is going to look good? Apparently I do think that, about every other month. One day I'll quit...
The next story actually began last week when I got a ginormous box from my brother full of wonderful randomness. Pieces of china, halloween lights, at least 15 pairs of shoes, jewelry, a flower pot, popcorn, 5 whistles, pads of paper, a check for nine billion dollars, and a cookie press to name a few things. So on Sunday Braden spots the cookie press, gets intrigued, and decides that he wants to take it for a test run. We pick a recipe and he immediatley decides that we must double the recipe so he can be sure he will be sufficiently cookied. He has this ongoing fear about food that he will not have enough to eat. You would think he was raised in a third world country for the way he fears hunger. He borrows some eggs from a friend and begins giving me directions to assist him in his recipe. He missed the part that said to gradually add the flour. Well it was 6 cups of flour so he had quite the mess on his hands, especially after attempting to mix the eggs in a measuring cup with an electric mixer (eggs everywhere). So after the motor on my mixer burned up, and he told me not to throw it away because he wanted to take it apart and put it back together, he resumed his work with my potato masher. Once he gets the dough made he goes to put it on some wax paper but it seems stuck in the bowl. Or at least it was not coming out as fast as he wanted. So he slams the bowl against the counter, breaking it wide open. But no matter, because out comes the dough. We begin the fun of the cookie press and after making about 6 pans of cookies in 21 shapes, it does not look like we have even made a dent in that pile of dough. We had a system going and it took us two hours to get them all baked, even though each batch only cooked for 6 minutes. We ended up with literally hundreds of moderately decent tasting cookies that now serve as potty treats for Anabelle who is regressing in her potty skills. Or we could start using them for replacement game pieces to Monopoly. Or for home teaching. I considered taking them to my sisters on Tuesday and making up for coming on the last day of the month by giving them 250 cookies. Although I did have to buy a new mixing bowl today, I did so happily with thoughts of that experience. I went to bed that night thinking how truly happy it makes me to spend time with Braden, even if he is breaking my stuff.
Also, if your tupperware is pictured above, please identify it and I will promptly return it. With 5 pounds of cookies in it. Offer good while supplies last.
4 comments:
Well.... I personally remember a rather impressive pink tone I so lovingly gave you as we learned to love the quote "it comes in peace!" Ü By the way, nice cookies. I too have a cookie press but have never used it. I think you have inspired me..
Love ya!
Let's be honest. You will never give up the need to change your hair every month! It is just who you are :)
I love that you and I are the exact same with our love of hair dye. It makes me feel better about myself that someone as sensible as you can submit themselves to that kind of delusion time and time again. Two peas in a pod.
Love the cookie story...when i get the urge to make cookies all Brandon does say, "Are you trying to make me fat?" (and then he proceeds to eat more than half of what I bake :) You've got a great husband on your hands!
Post a Comment