I have leftover giving spirit from the holiday season that has urged me to share this simple, healthy, easy, fast, cheap recipe for pizza dough:
1 teaspoon instant or rapid rise yeast
3 cups flour (I use unbleached white whole wheat flour)
2 teaspoons coarse kosher or sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
Combine half the flour with the salt and the yeast and stir. Add water and olive oil, stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add remaining flour a bit at a time, when mixture becomes to stiff to stir with a spoon, begin kneading, adding as little flour as possible, just enough to keep the dough from being a sticky mess. Knead until smooth, but still quite moist. Then you pile it up with all the leftovers from your fridge that no one will eat, then you hide the leftovers in a mountain of cheese.
Bake it at the hottest temp your oven will allow for about 10-12 minutes. I bake mine in a greased glass 9x13 baking dish.
I won't deny that this is a tasty staple in our home due to the aforementioned virtues of this recipe. In her breakfast prayer this morning, Anabelle was still thanking the heavens above for it ("thank you for the pizza and the Cheerios").That was her whole prayer. But she was really sincere.
No comments:
Post a Comment