Sunday, May 31, 2009

o-HI-o

Back this morning from another quick weekend road trip. Braden's best friend growing up got married in Cincinnati yesterday. We drove most of the way Friday and stayed the night in Kentucky, then finished the drive on Saturday. I am starting to be a believer of the old school traveling, ie; no movie player. She does great with books and toys and her trusty falsetto singing voice. And her sister's appendages. It was delightful to hear her banter from the backseat. We got to the church a few minutes before it started and ran inside to change in the bathroom. While sprucing up, the majority of the bridesmaids came into the bathrooom at some point. Each time, Anabelle would ask them their name, introduce herself, and introduce "my baby sister, baby Lila". As each person from the wedding party proceeded down the aisle, Anabelle and I would say to each other, "Oh, there's Mia, she looks beautiful", "Oh there's Crissy, she looks beautiful". It dawned on me that my 2 year old had introduced me to the entire female side of the wedding party in the first 15 minutes we arrived. It was by far the fanciest wedding I have ever been to and we were feeling a little out of place. Something about having kids with a flatulence problem in the middle of someones ceremony made it hard to make eye contact with other guests. Definitely should not have carried my diaper bag purse. Note to self if I ever attend another wedding outside of a cultural hall. Anabelle busted out her Elaine-esq dance moves and I totally abused the open bar. 4, maybe 5 diet cokes.








2 comments:

Aly said...

The Elaine dance moves...so priceless. What a fun trip. I, too, am a believer in no movies on trips. It makes for really long trips, but I did it when I was younger. My kids can suck it up and do it too. And see what kind of imagination I got!

Monty and Kristin said...

Hey Julie! I found your page off Tim's page. You look fabulous!! I love your family pictures! Looks like loads of fun. Glad you see you are doing well. Kristin Peterson(salanoa)