Wednesday, September 2, 2009

So long sweet summer

BBQ's, watermelon, ice cream cones, fireworks, amusement parks, long days, tan lines, camping, fireflies, swimming, the smell of tanning oil- these things make me happy.

I can't lie- it's a little easier to bid farewell to an Alabama summer than other places I've lived (for those of you out west turn your shower on to it's piping hottest for 15 minutes with the door closed. Then get dressed in all your layers and walk in your bathroom and you will get a small sliver of the soggy south). But still, my little heart beats for the summer, I can't help it, it's in my California blood. Oh how I wish I did not love the feeling of burning my own flesh day after day. I think this is the first summer in 20-something years that I did not go to the beach. Shameful. It weighs on my soul. I shall live there next summer to make up for it. Meanwhile, we did our best to seek out bodies of water in all their forms.


6 comments:

mihill said...

Love Lila's "rolls". How do you resist pinching her?

Beach Hendersons said...

OH my she is seriously knocked out! Where are you going to be living next summer, beach places are the greatest.

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

adorable! looks like a fun summer. so are you still queen of tae bo? or something else? you look great... i'm still stuck looking just a little prego and its not working for me. what's your secret?

Michelle said...

You chick is a fatty. I love it. They are so beautiful and it looks like you had tons of fun. Family outings are great aren't they. Hey, when is Ti, getting married? We haven't gotten an invitation and we dang well better be getting one or he is dead. Love ya cutie, Michelle

P.S remember when I made you sleep over at my house because I was scared. These days, I love being alone with peace and quiet. Funny how things change. ( Stop laughing!)

brooklyn said...

oh thanks for adding me. i just read all of the quotes on the side of your blog and i was seriously laughing so hard. i was out of control - i had tears rolling down my face i was laughing so hard. i think i've finally found a little toddler who is funnier than my own.
i love your blog! and your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

Hi - enjoyed all the pictures this afternoon as I take a break from box-packing. Thanks for the smiles. Love you -