Saturday, February 27, 2010

The recent haps

We've been in Florida for the last two weeks. Braden went to build Reese new kitchen cabinets. True to tradition, we contracted a lively stomach virus while there, and some of us were violently ill (me of course). Lila got a dog bite which left three deep holes in her pudgy paw, and another nasty cold. Anabelle romped with cousins, uncles, and Grandma around the clock, Braden worked around the clock, and I got to snuggle and smell the new wee twinners, which made me happy. We just got back yesterday so I'm trying to get things in order around the house, and we are feverishly trying to get everything together that Braden needs for OTS. Somehow that list grows daily and it seems like we won't be done getting him ready until he gets there.

Our last bit of time together didn't turn out as we had hoped. We didn't have the chance to spend any fun play time together. But I helped Braden as he built and installed cabinets and it was good to work together and share a two-day glue high. New element to our relationship.

I'm sitting here listening to Braden tuck the girls in for what will likely be the last time for a long time. I must admit, it's yanking at mt heart a bit. As our final few days together are closing in, I can't help but feel a little anxiety, a little dread, a little sadness, and a little excitement (for him).

This blog will probably become unreadable and absurd to everyone but Braden. He asked me to update it often so he doesn't miss the next few months of the girly happenings. So basically the conversation that most parents have at dinner or after work about the day and the goings on of the kidlets will now happen here each day. Be warned of the boringness that is to come.

Here's to 2 more days hanging out with my Beldy.

And here are a few pics from Florida...





The rat pack who would sit at the piano and bellow out songs that they made up as they went. Wish I had a video of this one

See what her little beaver teeth can do if you give her a pile of wood? If anyone ever asks her if she ate wood chips as a kid she can probably say yes and feel good about that answer

Daman and Reese "helping" Braden

Naked dancing with Grandma. At least Grandma isn't naked. Although, I don't think it would surprise too many of us if she were.

Anabelle loving Grandma's high heels

...and glasses

Truly her father's daughter, Lila grubs on a rib from Sonny's


Visiting our fat friends, the manatees

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Julie, separations are so hard! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope the next few months pass quickly... totally get the online communication: for a year and half that is all Matt and I had. Tough, crazy stuff.

And naked dancing looks like tons o' fun!

Amy said...

Oh Julie, my heart hurts for you!! I can't imagine having Nathan gone for more than a day! But really, I don't think your life can ever be boring with those cute little girls in your life, so I look forward to all the updates. We love you Julie!!