I love, love, love to have a new baby.
Especially when that baby is the awesomest.
Things we have learned about her thus far:
-She is indeed Braden's child. We know this because the first night in the hospital Braden was holding her while she slept. All of a sudden he says in a loud excited whisper, "JULIE, SHE PUFFS!!". Braden does this funny thing as soon as he falls asleep where he puffs out little breaths like a baby train. His Dad does it too. And now he has his own baby puffer to carry on a quirky gene that I'm sure is cherished by all spouses trying to fall asleep at bedtime. (Okay, there are other ways we know she is his child too).
-She has long toes. Wait let me say that again. She has seriously loooooong toes. The first night I was sure if I fell asleep I would awaken to her hanging from a light fixture- that is the level of monkiness that her feet possess.
-She is a good eater. I had a baby that knows how to eat. Yea for me!
-The above should also directly imply what is explicitly true: she poops like it's her job. She is officially the poopsmith. I have never changed so many diapers in my life. Note to Maisey- the tree in the backyard should at no time be mistaken as one that produces diapers at will.
-She loves a warm bath and a head massage. Does not however value nudity like her sisters. She really only cries when she is naked. That might have something to do with the fact that she is a girl with back hair, that can't be easy.
If I had to make a onesie for her it would say, "Don't mind me, just happy to be here". She is content and cute and soft and a bit furry. She's a solid pick for a 3am hang out buddy.
The girls have totally accepted her into their club. The rules of the club seem simple: run around naked and screech constantly like wild Indians. At this point they just run around her in cirles screaming that she is awake and they see her eyeballs. They try to include her in as many of their activities as possible. This morning I caught Anabelle "fishing". This involved standing over Maisey with a wood toy fishing pole and dropping the end into her mouth to see if she could catch a sister. Maisey fell for the bait every time.
I think it helped Lila that she did in fact come out with a floppy ear folded in half, very fuzzy, and she will lick anything that comes near her mouth. Things might get ugly when Lila realizes that Maisey is actually not a puppy.
Anabelle gets very frustrated that I am the only one that gets to feed her. This is highly frustrating to me as well. Anabelle begged to feed her the other day and I told her that she couldn't.
"Pa-leeeeease Mom, I drink LOTS of milk".
"I know you do honey, but you don't have boobies"
Near tears, in desperation she pleads, "I know, but I have nipples! She can suck on whatever I have!"
It was just so darn sweet. If only she had any idea what she was asking for. I feel confident the babies in her room would be immediately stored in the winter hat box if she knew what it felt like.
The first thing Lila does in the morning is run to my room and look in Maisey's bed. I mean her swing. I mean her swing that we use for a bed. She loves to hang out with Maisey and she particularly likes to play with (read pull) her hair. Not in a malicious way. Maybe it's just sort of an exploratory way, a mild case of hair envy.
Braden and I are already calling them the wrong names. He decided that if ever we yell "Li-Ma-Bell" all girls are to report to us immediately.
Also, it's astonishing how heavy Lila has become in the last two weeks.
Maisy is a content little sweetheart and has brought such a special love to our house.
7 comments:
Oh my goodness, this made me laugh. A poopsmith! Thats awesome.
And the thing about Lila now being so heavy... I know! I totally felt the same way about Eli. Couldn't get over how big Eli's bum and head were compared to a new baby.
Glad this baby gal is doing so well. Y'all deserve it!
Precious. I know this story is all about M. and I envy you for having 3 girls, the good kind of envy. But I also envy your leather couch. I know that sounds weird, but I've always wanted one and haven't ever been able to get one, well since the married thing that is.
Congrats to all of you.
Hey - just read this latest post to Gary...totally entertaining. Just had to tell ya. Love, Mom
Could they be any cuter??? No...indeed they could not.
So happy for you!
Julie, she is soooo beautiful, just like the other girls in her family. You look great like always. I'm so proud of ya girl. Love ya, Michelle
What a beautiful family, Julie! They girls are too precious...
so so sweet!!! i would love to send you a congratulatory card of some sort but I still don't have your address.
Post a Comment