Wednesday, August 4, 2010

If you build it, she will come

I built some birthday brownies for the birthday girl. You know, the girl that should be birthed today. I mean, would you show up to a party that had nothing scrumptious to eat? I wouldn't either. It worked on Field of Dreams.

-Dresser sanded and painted: check

-Enough teensy tiny girly clothes washed and stacked to produce 3 dryer trays fulls of PINK lint: check

-Bag packed, camera charged: check

-Child care during labor: check, but only if it happens today. My best option leaves on a trip tomorrow. Yikes!

Yesterday was the first day I actually wanted to go into labor. Although I am still a few days ahead of my due date the doctor has been hassling me because I am trying to do another VBAC. He is anxious to induce and if nothing happens by the weekend they will send me to the butcher. That just can't happen. Not an option. So I decided to actually get prepared to see if that helps. If you clean/cook/pack/wash/sand/paint it, she will come?......It worked for Kevin Costner, why not give it a whirl.

I hate that I am in a rush to have the baby for child care purposes. I would rather just let things happen as they happen. I love this point of pregnancy for the simple reason that every day when you wake up you wonder, "Am I going to have a baby today? Or just do a bunch of laundry and make cool stuff out of Play-Doh?" It's the most exciting thing in the world to anticipate and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Today will be full of all bouncy activities. That way I will be fully exhausted when labor does start.

Come on out little girl. The sisters await you with GREAT anxiety, one in particular. Lila will like you best if you're fuzzy and have big floppy ears and a moist nose. Anabelle is waiting to babysit you. She helped wash and fold all your clothes with great dramatic gasps of "Oh! Isn't this adorable!? Oh my gosh, this onesie is SO darling!"

You know when you get emails or texts from people and it gives the baby's name and vital birth stats and then says "...mother and baby doing well" and then you don't hear anything from them for awhile?

That's the plan this time. Third times a charm. ARE YOU HEARING THIS LITTLE GIRL? No tricks, no gimmicks, just come on home. I promise to keep you elevated as much as possible from small poking/prodding/drumming sticky fingers.

Red rover, red rover send Diamond Gold right over.

(And I promise not to really name you that).

SOOOOOOOOOo excited to meet you......

3 comments:

Barbie and Craig said...

OH how I wish she would come out for your relief :) Plus I really want to know what her name is, even though I know she doesn't have one yet :)

Here's to a beautiful baby girl...TODAY! (By Vbac!)

Reynolds Rundown said...

Um, you totally stole my blog template background. What's next, are you going to name this baby Emma? Any news?????

Mo.

The Grays: said...

This made me laugh. I hope she comes soon! Sending easy birth vibes your way :-)