Friday, March 16, 2012

How I see it



It may seem surprising, but I LOVE this picture.

For a few reasons.

It's certainly not very clear, has a distracting glare and reflection, and the wrong things are in focus.

BUT, it's taken from my perspective. This is how I see things- peering around the corner, looking out a window, listening through a door. I like to think of it as eavesdropping with a purpose. Or in other words-mothering.

Anabelle was playing outside with her new bestie when it was time for the daily 5:00 national anthem. As the prelude music played I listened as they stopped their game and came to attention (making it all the better that Easton is wearing a coat made of legit ABU's 'like my Dad who is on Kuwait'). They couldn't agree on which direction they should be facing (Easton was confused because his house faces a different direction), so they each faced the direction they felt was right. Silent and sober the whole time. Cutest thing a pair of five year olds could do I think.

2 comments:

reynolds said...

Brought a tear to my eye. Tell Anabelle how proud I am to be her daddy.

Kristine said...

Beautiful analogy, Julie. As you know, one of my favorite moments when on base - made special by those grand-kids.