Saturday, March 31, 2012

St. George

In February we went to St. George for a week (Tim blessed Michael and Phil blessed Dallin & baptized Jocelyn). This is the main reason we wanted to come to Utah. It's so exciting to get to be a part of family stuff for a change. Also, humidity is stupid.

Family trips often involve lots of work. And I realize that the trip for the kids is an entirely different one than the adults experience.

Whenever we take trips, on either side of our family, I come home and look at pictures of the girls with their cousins and it makes me feel better about the mountain of laundry and the massive amount of cleaning that the van requires. Although I have roughly a thousand cousins, I only know a handful of them. And I really love the ones I know and think it's such a cool relationship. It's so fun to be related to someone you consider a really close friend.

I hope we give our kids enough of these experiences that they grow up being related to some of their best friends.



















No comments: