Anabelle & Lila started school last week. Just a few hours after returning from our all night drive home from Washington actually. Because what do we care if they're tired all day? Not our problem!
They were both excited and happy to go. And it was hard for me to feel anything but the same when I knew what a good thing it would be for both of them. It's just a few hours a day so it's not such a huge deal. Long enough that Maisey and I can grocery shop in peace. Well, she does lean her head on the back of the cart and sings at the top of her lungs throughout the entire store. And this is how I define peace these days.
PRESCHOOL!
 |
| She LOVES her backpack! |
 |
| KINDERGARTEN! |

 |
The girls spent the morning before school running around the house with their backpacks on, including Maisey, who also insisted she wear hers to drop them off. When they got home from school I opened their backpacks to check for any papers from their teachers and found that they had taken their backpacks to school stuffed full of toys and animals that they had been "hiking" with.
As soon as we started walking home Masiey asked where Lila was. I told her she was at school. She said, " Can you go back and get her"? I told her that I couldn't and that she would be there the whole morning. She said, "THE WHOLE MORNING?!".
But then she went home and pooped in the potty so I gave her a donut and put her in panties. And she was ecstatic! And so was I! And then she peed on the floor 6 times in a row and my enthusiasm quickly turned into impatience and I put a diaper on her and moved on with my life.
Lila doesn't have school on Fridays and that makes Maisey happy because she gets her old partner in crime back. They spend the whole morning just paling around together. |

 |
| Doesn't she look terrified to leave me? |
No comments:
Post a Comment