Hey Elise, do you want some oatmeal?
Well, sorry, we ran out. How about some cereal?
You're right, I was kidding. I would never ever do that to you (me). But hey, on another note, I think Dad is coming home soon.
And I heard he's bringing you some cars because he heard it's your favorite toy this week.
No, I am not kidding. I wouldn't joke with you about oatmeal and cars all at once.
Dad's pretty excited to see you. When he left you were a nursing baby who couldn't walk or talk. And now look at you! You turned into an actual communicating human with full on pigtails and a mouth full of chompers. He's really hoping that you understand that he is real and not an electronic device. Do your best impersonation of his eyes to show him that you understand.What? You want him to potty train you while he's on his R&R to help you guys catch up on lost time? I know, right?! What a great idea! Don't worry, I'll talk to him about it. I know your whole world falls apart if your diaper becomes the least bit soiled. I'm sure he'll be on board.
Sure, if you're old enough to have this advanced and articulate conversation you are absolutely old enough to feed yourself. I apologize for taking this long to give you the spoon.
You seem to really be at peace considering all the major life changes that are coming your way all at once- what with the reintegration and the the new baby and the PCS...tell me how you manage to keep it together?
Laughing and eating oatmeal?! Genius! You're right, it really is the simple things that keep us grounded.
I'm excited to see him too, Elise. Let's cross our fingers that he really does show up this time so we can get this party started.











No comments:
Post a Comment