I told them they could keep 15 pieces of their Halloween candy each and that we would donate the rest to deployed troops. They were sorting and trading at the table. Unbeknownst to them little Elise was on the tippiest of toes, little tiny calves flexed as I've never before seen them, reaching as far as she could, until finally she got hold of a Reese's and took off running down the hall with hilarious speed. She kept at this until she had all the girls chasing her to get their candy back. I was pleased to see the way they all shared easily with each other.
I think my belly had no less than 25 kisses and hugs today.
I tucked Elise in and she and I did our thing. I always have a tuck in thing with each of my babies starting at about this age. It's different every time but every bit as precious with each one of them. Lots of giggles and slobbery kisses and hugs with little fingers patting your back.
Lila hugged me and kissed me and said she would protect me against an attacking Anabelle. In the last week she has hugged me with feeling and intentionally given real kisses, and she has cared whether I hug and kiss her or not. This is ground breaking for her. She has seemed uncomfortable and squirmy with my affection for years. I can't express how I felt to really be hugged by her tonight.
I love family life. I adore these little people who fill my life with laughter and wonder and messes and laundry and tantrums. I'm also exhausted by it and so ready to have Braden back, not only to share the work load and responsibility, but all the love and happiness that comes with it.
And here are a series of pictures that depict Elise saying "Pleeeeeaaaase?"
![]() |
| she ended up eating most of everyone's quesadillas because she kept saying please to everyone and we all just kept feeding the bear. |
![]() |
| Classic Elise face |
![]() |
![]() |
| Baby swiper doing what she does |













No comments:
Post a Comment