On the last official day of summer, (according to the school district) I insisted that we have so much fun together as a family. I was feeling all sorts of weirdness about school starting and was mourning the changes that were coming. This summer was different than any other. We moved to Oklahoma at the beginning of summer. We moved to a street with no neighbors. We moved to a ward where everyone lives 20 minutes away from everyone else. My kids only had each other (and the 9000 ticks that live in our backyard. Maisey managed to get tight with about 7 of them). They played all day together. They managed to ruin an entire wardrobe of clothes thanks to the abundance of red dirt. They swam and dug and skated and scooted and got lost in the woods behind our house. That part was not magical. When I found them (Lila & Maisey), they were confused about my panic. Maisey explained calmly that they had left the yard (which really has no true end- it just opens up to a small wood) in search of Unicorn land. But to their great surprise they had only stumbled upon dinosaur bones instead. She proved this by holding up the broken beer bottle she was holding. It should be obvious at this point why I was dreading the start of school. Anyway, we did have a great last day of summer. (million percent humidity not photographed but present).























No comments:
Post a Comment