Wednesday, October 7, 2015

This is what it looks like when dreams come true

I have always loved gathering around a campfire. A beach bonfire was one of my favorite activities growing up. In all our marriage I have been longing to have a fire pit of my own. Circumstances have never permitted that UNTIL NOW. We now have over an acre of sand and weeds and it was finally time for all of my dreams to come true. While I lay in my bed in mastitis-migraine-misery on my birthday, Braden was busy building me a fire pit. It gave me a reason to live when I wanted to die. If you think that's crazy it's because you haven't had yourself a wicked case of mastitis. I did briefly consider the benefit of dying on your birthday must be that the headstone is cheaper because they only have to print one date. And it seems fitting that my last act for my family should be to save them a few dollars. 

But I digress.

Fire pits. Soul-bearing bonding moments. Funny story sharing moments. Sticky gooey chocolaty moments. Holding babies tight on your lap as they are silently mesmerized by the dancing flames. Easy dinner with no clean up. It's all my favorite things. 

Down side: forced hair washing for everyone. Except maybe that's actually an upside? 

Big shout out to Braden for making pretty much all of my dreams come true. 








No comments: